« Home 

Wednesday, November 10, 2004 

Why A Blog?


Ok. So if you know me you are asking, "Why a Blog?" "You can't even keep up with a monthly email, so what makes you think you can consistantly blog?" Well, the answer to the second question is simply -- I don't think I can keep up with it. I really don't care to write every day. I may have nothing to say for days or even weeks. But I have had a lot to say over the course of the last two months and I am hoping that I will have a lot more in the coming months to add to that. So the answer to the second question is -- I have a lot to say.

Now, you may also wonder why at 6:30 am on a Tuesday I decided to start this thing. It's because of Bill Maher. Yes, that horribly left-winged host of "Real Time With Bill Maher" on HBO, formerly "Politically Incorrect." I watched a few minutes of it tonight. Why I only watched a few minutes is not something I plan on discussing here. Needless to say, I wanted to watch more. Not because I thought that it was intellectually stimulating, but because the only thing it was teaching me was that people who say they are intellectuals can be terribly ignorant. Bill Maher actually was trying to claim that just because one believes in Jesus Christ, then that person disqualifies themselves from having a voice in American politics. Really I think Maher, who now has his own problem with which he must deal, wants them to not have a voice period. Andrew Sullivan tried to no avail to educate Maher on his inconsistancy in regard to his blatent bigotry against Christians and his outspoken support of other groups who claim absolute truth without any evidence.

So I am starting this blog to rant and to rave about how people claim to be intellectual in one breath and yet in the next spew out grave inconsistencies and contradictory statements. Maybe I will start with explaining the rules in accessing arguments and worldviews. You can look for that in the near future. As for now, I am going to bed. So goodnight to all who may be reading and may we do all for the Glory of God.

Soli Deo Gloria,

D.R.

Blog away DR!!

Power Ranger, whats a power Ranger?!?!?!?!

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me