At Christmas, Remember to Tip!
- If you order a pizza and expect it to be delivered, tipping should be a given. Don't even consider not doing so.
- If you wonder why you should tip the PG, then drive to the store, pick up a pizza and see how warm it is when you get home. Additionally, you should check on your mileage and see how much gas you used. And then there's always the "time factor," "the chilling cold weather factor," and the "general inconvenience factor." In the end, PGs deserve a tip for putting up with all the crap that goes along with the job.
- If the pizza company has a delivery charge (like Domino's), don't get angry and stiff the PG because of it. Just see #4 below.
- If you don't want to tip the PG after considering #2 (or pay the delivery charge), then get off your happy butt and go pick the pizza up yourself.
- If you order any pizza, you should tip at least $2.00 (though 15-20% is customary in the restaurant business). But if you have an order over $30.00, you should give more, even if it is below the customary amount.
- If you have any Christian symbols prevalent in your home (or on your car), you should definitely tip well. Non-Christian PGs notice those things and will make reference to it later.
- If you live in a house that is obviously worth over $200,000, then don't be a cheapo like you live in the hood. Get in your Lexus and come get the pizza yourself.
- If you give a cheap tip (under $3), don't act like you just did the PG a favor. It makes you look even more cheap and it is extremely annoying. Remember, we are serving you, not the other way around.
- If the PG brings you a free pizza, give him or her a great tip. If the PG has to bring you a missing pizza or a remake (or even some extra sauce that was forgotten), at least give him or her a dollar. After all, gas is still over $2.00/gallon.
- And finally, when in doubt, always go with the tried and true principle WWJT -- "What Would Jesus Tip." And unless you can heal my neck and back pain, don't be a Peter (Acts 3:6).
Well, that should help you through the holiday season and well beyond. Some of you who are extremely hard headed should print this out and stick it on your frig underneath the pizza magnet with the coupons attached. Now my customers, go and sin no more!